Test Paper Of Class 6 Maths Chapter 12 Ratio And Proportion
Chapter 12 Test Paper (02)class-6-maths-chapter-12-test-paper-02
Class 6 Maths Chapter 12 Ratio And Proportion Test Paper Set-1 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 6 MAX. MARKS : 30 SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR CH: 12 (Ratio And Proportion)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Section – A
In Questions 1 to 5, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. if 12,14,9 and x are in proportion then find the value of x.
(a) 105 (b) 10.5 (c) 21 (d) none of these
2. Find the ratio of 81 to 108
(a) 9 : 12 (b) 12 : 1 (c) 81 : 108 (d) none of these
3. 6 Bowl cost ₹ 90. What will be the cost of 10 such bowl?
(a) ₹ 300 (b) ₹150 (c) ₹ 250 (d) ₹250
4. On a shelf, books with green cover and that with brown cover are in the ratio 2:3. If there are 18 books with green cover, then the number of books with brown cover is
(a) 12 (b) 24 (c) 27 (d) 36
5. The ratio of Rs 8 to 80 paise is
(a) 1 : 10 (b) 10 : 1 (c) 1: 1 (d) 100 : 1
Section – B
6. There are 20 girls and 15 boys in a class.
(a) What is the ratio of number of girls to the number of boys?
(b) What is the ratio of number of girls to the total number of students in the class?
7. Find the ratio of the following:
(a) 30 minutes to 1.5 hours
(b) 40 cm to 1.5 m
8. Samira sells newspapers at Janpath crossing daily. On a particular day, she had 312 newspapers out of which 216 are in English and remaining in Hindi. Find the ratio of
(a) the number of English newspapers to the number of Hindi newspapers.
(b) the number of Hindi newspapers to the total number of newspapers.
9. Ramesh earns Rs 28000 per month. His wife Rama earns Rs 36000 per month. Find the ratio of
(a) Ramesh’s earnings to their total earnings
(b) Rama’s earnings to their total earnings.
Section – C
10. Determine if the following are in proportion.
(a) 15, 45, 40, 120
(b) 33, 121, 9,96
(c) 24, 28, 36, 48
11. Out of 1800 students in a school, 750 opted basketball, 800 opted cricket and remaining opted table tennis. If a student can opt only one game, find the ratio of
(a) Number of students who opted basketball to the number of students who opted table tennis.
(b) Number of students who opted cricket to the number of students opting basketball.
(c) Number of students who opted basketball to the total number of students.
12. 250 people are working in an office, out of which 150 are men and the remaining are women. Find the ratio of
(a) the total number of people to that of men
(b) the total number of people to that of women
(c) the number of men to that of women.
Section – D
13. state whether the given statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) 17. 4 : 7 = 20 : 35 18.
(b) 0.2 : 5 = 2 : 0.5 19.
(c) 3 : 33 = 33 : 333
(d) 15m : 40m = 35m : 65m
14. Cost of 5 kg of wheat is ₹ 91.50.
(a) What will be the cost of 8 kg of wheat?
(b) What quantity of wheat can be purchased in ₹ 183?