Class 6 Maths Sample Question Paper – Pdf Download
Class 6 Maths Sample Question Paper – CBSE Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (01)
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS MAX. MARKS : 80
CLASS : VI DURATION : 2½HRS
(i). All questions are compulsory.
(ii). This question paper contains 30 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
(iii). Section A has of 6 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has of 6 questions of 2
marks each. Section C has of 10 questions of 3 marks each and Section D has of 8
questions of 4 marks each.
(iv). Use of Calculators is not permitted
SECTION – A
1. The length of Ramesh’s notebook is 9 cm 5 mm. What will be its length in cm?
2. What fraction of an hour is 40 minutes?
3. A bird flies 1 kilometer in one minute. Express the distance covered by the bird in terms of its flying time in minutes?
4. A bird flies 1 kilometer in one minute. Express the distance covered by the bird in terms of its flying time in minutes?
5. Cadets are marching in a parade. There are 5 cadets in a row. What is the rule which gives the number of cadets, given the number of rows?
6. Find the ratio of 500 ml to 2 litres.
SECTION – B
7. Pinky runs around a square field of side 75 m, Bob runs around a rectangular field with length 160 m and breadth 105 m. Who covers more distance and by how much?
8. On a squared paper, sketch the triangle with a horizontal line of symmetry but no vertical line of
9. With PQ of length 6 cm as diameter, draw a circle.
10. Find the rule, which gives the number of matchsticks required to make matchstick pattern of letter U as . Use a variable to write the rule
11. Find the rule, which gives the number of matchsticks required to make matchstick pattern of letter E as . Use a variable to write the rule.
12. Two sides of a triangle are 22 cm and 28 cm. The perimeter of the triangle is 70 cm. What is its third side?
SECTION – C
13. Express as kg using decimals. (a) 2 g (b) 100 g (c) 26 kg 50 g
14. Pinky runs around a square field of side 75 m, Bob runs around a rectangular field
with length 160 m and breadth 105 m. Who covers more distance and by how much?
15. Construct with ruler and compasses, angles of following measures: (a) 60° (b) 90
16. Following is the choice of sweets of 30 students of Class VI.
Ladoo, Barfi, Ladoo, Jalebi, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo, Barfi, Rasgulla, Ladoo,
Jalebi, Jalebi, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Ladoo,
Rasgulla, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo.
(a) Arrange the names of sweets in a table using tally marks.
(b) Which sweet is preferred by most of the students?
17. Subtract :
(a) Rs 5.36 from Rs 8.40
(b) 2.051 km from 5.206 km
18. A floor is 5 m long and 4 m wide. A square carpet of sides 3 m is laid on the floor.
Find the area
of the floor that is not carpeted.
(a) Money that Seema earns to the money she saves.
(b) Money that she saves to the money she spends.
19. In a year, Seema earns Rs 1,50,000 and saves Rs 50,000. Find the ratio of
10. State the number of lines of symmetry for the following figures: (a) An equilateral
An isosceles triangle (c) A square
20. Take Sarita’s present age to be y years
(i) What will be her age 5 years from now?
(ii) What was her age 3 years back?
(iii) Sarita’s grandfather is 6 times her age. What is the age of her grandfather?
21. Cost of a dozen pens is Rs 180 and cost of 8 ball pens is Rs 56. Find the ratio of
the cost of a pen
to the cost of a ball pen.
22.The following are the number of electric bulbs purchased for a lodging house
during the first
four months of a year.
Months January February March April
No. of bulbs 20 24 30 34
Represent the details by a pictograph.
23. Cost of 5 kg of wheat is Rs 30.50.
(a) What will be the cost of 8 kg of wheat?
(b) What quantity of wheat can be purchased in Rs 61?
24. How many tiles whose length and breadth are 12 cm and 5 cm respectively will
be needed to fit in a rectangular region whose length and breadth are respectively:
(a) 100 cm and 144 cm (b) 70
cm and 36 cm.
25. Present age of father is 42 years and that of his son is 14 years. Find the ratio of
(a) Age of the father to the age of son, when son was 12 years old.
(b) Age of father after 10 years to the age of son after 10 years.
(c) Age of father to the age of son when father was 30 years old.
26. Aman bought vegetables weighing 10 kg. Out of this, 3 kg 500 g is onions, 2 kg
75 g is tomatoes and the rest is potatoes. What is the weight of the potatoes?
28. Following table shows the monthly expenditure of Imran’s family on various
27. Determine if the following ratios form a proportion. Also, write the middle terms
terms where the ratios form a proportion.
(a) 2 kg : 80 kg and 25 g : 625 g (b) 200 ml : 2.5 litre and Rs 4 : Rs 50
Items Expenditure (in Rs)
House rent 3000
To represent this data in the form of a bar diagram, here are the steps.
(a) Draw two perpendicular lines, one vertical and one horizontal.
(b) Along the horizontal line, mark the ‘items’ and along the vertical line, mark the
29. Determine if the following ratios form a proportion. Also, write the middle terms
terms where the ratios form a proportion.
(a) 25 cm : 1 m and Rs 40 : Rs 160 (b) 39 litres : 65 litres and 6 bottles : 10 bottles
30. Find the value of :
(a) 9.756 – 6.28
(b) 21.05 – 15.27
(c) 27.076 + 0.55 + 0.004
(d) 25.65 + 9.005 + 3.7