Class 7 Maths Chapter 2 Fractions and Decimals Exercise 2.1 pdf notes:-
Exercise 2.1 Class 7 maths Chapter 2 Pdf Notes:-
Ncert Solution for Class 6 Maths Chapter 2 Fractions and decimals Exercise 2.2 Tips:-
You have learnt fractions and decimals in earlier classes. The study of fractions included
proper, improper and mixed fractions as well as their addition and subtraction. We also
studied comparison of fractions, equivalent fractions, representation of fractions on the
number line and ordering of fractions.
Our study of decimals included, their comparison, their representation on the number
line and their addition and subtraction.
We shall now learn multiplication and division of fractions as well as of decimals.
2.2 HOW WELL HAVE YOU LEARNT ABOUT FRACTIONS?
A proper fraction is a fraction that represents a part of a whole. Is 7
4 a proper fraction?
Which is bigger, the numerator or the denominator?
An improper fraction is a combination of whole and a proper fraction.
WHAT HAVE WE DISCUSSED?
- We have learnt about fractions and decimals along with the operations of addition and
subtraction on them, in the earlier class.
- We now study the operations of multiplication and division on fractions as well as on
- (a) The product of two proper fractions is less than each of the fractions that are
- (b) The product of a proper and an improper fraction is less than the improper
- fraction and greater than the proper fraction.
- (c) The product of two improper fractions is greater than the two fractions.
- A reciprocal of a fraction is obtained by inverting it upside down.
- We have seen how to divide two fractions.
- (a) While dividing a whole number by a fraction, we multiply the whole number
- with the reciprocal of that fraction.