Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 13 Test Paper Set-1 Pdf Download CBSE
Test Paper Of Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 13 Motion and time
Also Visit Our Youtube Channel PGRMS or Click Here
Chapter 13 Test Paper (02)class-7-matsh-chapter-13-motion-and-time-02
Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 13 Motion and Time Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Physics) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 13 (Motion And Time)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. A body in uniform motion moves with:
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
A. constant velocity
B. constant speed
C. constant acceleration
D. none of these
2. A car moves with a speed of 40 km/h for 15 minutes and then with a speed of 60 km/h for the next 15 minutes. The total distance covered by the car is:
(i) 100 km (ii) 25 km
(iii) 15 km (iv) 10 km
3. A body executing non-uniform motion:
A. undergoes acceleration
B. never undergoes acceleration
C. may or may not undergo acceleration
D. never undergoes constant acceleration
4. Which of the following cannot be used for measurement of time?
(a) A leaking tap.
(b) Simple pendulum.
(c) Shadow of an object during the day.
(d) Blinking of eyes.
5. Identify the correct statement:
A. For a body in motion, average speed can be zero but average velocity can not be zero
B. For a body in motion, average velocity can be zero but average speed can not be zero
C. For a body in motion, both average velocity and average speed can be zero
D. For a body in motion, both average velocity and average speed can not be zero
6. Observe Figure:
The time period of a simple pendulum is the time taken by it to travel from
(a) A to B and back to A.
(b) O to A, A to B and B to A.
(c) B to A, A to B and B to O.
(d) A to B.
7. Which of the following methods of measurement of time is suitable for a race?
A. Stop watch
B. Wall clock
C. Simple pendulum
D. Reflection of an object by sun rays
8. Boojho walks to his school which is at a distance of 3 km from his home in 30 minutes. On reaching he finds that the school is closed and comes back by a bicycle with his friend and reaches home in 20 minutes. His average speed in km/h is.
(a) 8.3 (b) 7.2
(c) 5 (d) 3.6
9. Which of the following instrument have very high level of accuracy ?
A. Electronic stopwatch B. Stop clock
C. Pendulum clock D. Hour glass
10. The earliest clocks made by Egyptians in year 800 BC for measuring time was :
A. sundial B. compass
C. stop watch D. pendulum clock
(Section – B)
11. The average age of children of Class VII is 12 years and 3 months. Express this age in seconds.
12. Starting from A, Paheli moves along a rectangular path ABCD as shown in Figure. She takes 2 minutes to travel each side. Plot a distance-time graph and explain whether the motion is uniform or non-uniform.
13. A simple pendulum takes 32 s to complete 20 oscillations. What is the time period of the pendulum?
14. Salma takes 15 minutes from her house to reach her school on a bicycle. If the bicycle has a speed of 2 m/s, calculate the distance between her house and the school.
(Section – C)
15. Show the shape of the distance-time graph for the motion in the following cases:
(i) A car moving with a constant speed.
(ii) A car parked on a side road.
16. Boojho goes to the football ground to play football. The distance time graph of his journey from his home to the ground is given as Figure.
(a) What does the graph between point B and C indicate about the motion of Boojho?
(b) Is the motion between 0 to 4 minutes uniform or nonuniform? (c) What is his speed between 8 and 12 minutes of his journey?
17. Distance between Bholu’s and Golu’s house is 9 km. Bholu has to attend Golu’s birthday party at 7 o’clock. He started from his home at 6 o’clock on his bicycle and covered a distance of 6 km in 40 minutes. At that point he met Chintu and he spoke to him for 5 minutes and reached Golu’s birthday party at 7 o’clock. With what speed did he cover the second part of the journey? Calculate his average speed for the entire journey.
18. Plot a distance-time graph of the tip of the second hand of a clock by selecting 4 points on x-axis and y-axis respectively. The circumference of the circle traced by the second hand is 64 cm.