Test Paper Of Class 7 Science physics Chapter 15 Light
Chapter 15 Test Paper (02)class-7-science-chapter-15-light-set-2
Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 15 light Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Physics) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 15 (Light)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. Which of the following can be used to form a real image?
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
(a) Concave mirror only.
(b) Plane mirror only.
(c) Convex mirror only.
(d) Both concave and convex mirrors.
2. You are provided with a concave mirror, a convex mirror, a concave lens and a convex lens. To obtain an enlarged image of an object you can use either.
(a) concave mirror or convex mirror.
(b) concave mirror or convex lens.
(c) concave mirror or concave lens.
(d) concave lens or convex lens.
3. An erect and enlarged image can be formed by.
(a) only a convex mirror.
(b) only a concave mirror.
(c) only a plane mirror.
(d) both convex and concave mirrors.
4. An image formed by a lens is erect. Such an image could be formed by a.
(a) convex lens provided the image is smaller than object.
(b) concave lens provided the image is smaller than object.
(c) concave lens provided the image is larger than object.
(d) concave lens provided the image is of the same size.
5. A ray of light is passing from air into glass. If the angle of incidence, with respect to the normal to the interface, is increased:
(a). Total internal reflection will occur when the angle of incidence equals the critical angle.
(b). Total internal reflection will occur when the angle of incidence is less than the critical angle.
(c). Total internal reflection will occur when the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle.
(d). Angle of refraction angle will increase but there will be no total internal reflection.
6. Rainbow is produced when sunlight falls on drops of rain. Which of the following physical phenomena is/are responsible for this?
(b). Dispersion and total internal reflection
(c). Only refraction
(d). Diffusion, refraction and total internal reflection.
7. A green leaf placed in a dark room is illuminated by red light. The leaf will appear to be :
8. We cannot see anything in a dark room because:
(a). everything is black in colour
(b). our eyes do not work in darkness
(c). light from the room does not reach our eyes
(d). all the light gets scattered
9. Find out the only wrong statement in the following:
(a). Light travels with a speed greater than that of sound
(b). Light cannot travel through vacuum
(c). Light travels in a straight line
(d). Light has no weight
10. David is observing his image in a plane mirror. The distance between the mirror and his image is 4 m. If he moves 1 m towards the mirror, then the distance between David and his image will be
(i) 3 m (ii) 5 m
(iii) 6 m (iv) 8 m
11. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The inner surface of a steel spoon acts as a ___________ mirror.
(b) The outer surface of a flat steel plate acts as a ___________ mirror.
(c) The outer shining surface of a round bottom steel bowl acts as a __________ mirror.
(d) The inner surface of the reflector of a torch acts as a __________ mirror.
12. What type of mirror is used as a side mirror in a scooter? Why is this type of mirror chosen?
13. State the correct sequence (1-7) of colours in the spectrum formed by the prisms A and B, shown in Figure.
14. Two different type of lenses are placed on a sheet of newspaper. How will you identify them without touching?
(Section – C)
15. Suppose we wish to obtain the real image of a distant tree. Explain two possible ways in which we can do it.
16. You are given three mirrors of different types. How will you identify each one of them?
17. What is a virtual image? Give one situation where a virtual image is formed.
18. Give two use each of a concave and a convex mirror.