Test Paper Of Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 16 Water A Precious Resource
Chapter 16 Test Paper (02)class-7-sciences-chapter-16-water-a-precious-resource-02
Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 16 Water: A Precious Resource Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Chemistry) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 16 (Water: A Precious Resource)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. Choose the correct option. The total water
(i) in the lakes and rivers of the world remains constant.
(ii) under the ground remains constant.
(iii) in the seas and oceans of the world remains constant.
(iv) of the world remains constant.
2. Seas and oceans are full of water on earth. However, a very small percentage of water present on earth is available for us. This percentage is roughly
(a) 0.006%. (b) 0.06%. (c) 0.6%. (d) 6%.
3. A man digging the ground near a water body found that the soil was moist. As he kept digging deeper and deeper he reached a level where all the spaces between particles of soil and gaps between rocks were filled with water. The upper limit of this layer is called.
(a) water level. (b) water table.
(c) ground water. (d) water limit.
4. On which of the following day is World Water Day observed?
(a) 22 March (b) 14 November
(c) 2 October (d) 21 December
5. People obtain groundwater through________ and ________.
(a) Tube wells and hand pumps
(b) Water tanks and factories
6. “Every Drop Counts” is a slogan related to
(a) counting of drops of any liquid.
(b) counting of water drops.
(c) importance of water.
(d) importance of counting
7. Which of the following inhibits the seepage of rainwater into ground?
(a) A pukka floor
(c) Grass lawn
(d) Forest land
8. Look at the picture of the earth taken from space. Why does it appear blue?
(a) 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with blue gases
(b) 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with water
(c) 71% of the earth’s surface is covered with blue soil
(d) All of the above.
9. Some definitions are given below which can be corrected by changing one word. Correct them.
(a) Aquifer is ground water stored between layers of hard rock above the water table.
(b) The process of evaporation of water in the ground is called infiltration.
(c) The evaporation of water from oceans and its arrival back into oceans is called vapour cycle.
10. What is the source of water in each of the following?
(Section – B)
11. What is water cycle?
12. What is aquifer?
13. Explain how groundwater is recharged?
14. You have been asked to maintain a garden. How will you minimise the use of water?
15. Complete the following chart by writing appropriate words in the boxes marked (a) to (e)
16. Water is very precious for all the living beings. What will happen in future if we do not save water now?
17. Explain the factors responsible for the depletion of water table.
18. What is ground water? What are the sources of water which are fed by ground water?