Test Paper Of Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 5 Acids, Bases and Salts
Chapter 5 Test Paper (02)
Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 5 Acids, Bases and Salts Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet)
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Chemistry) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 5 (Acids, Bases and Salts)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. If the soil is basic the plant do not grow proper, what should we add to it to improve its quality?
A. Slaked lime B. Quick lime
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
C. Urea D. Organic matter
2. The correct way of making a solution of acid in water is to
(a) add water to acid.
(b) add acid to water.
(c) mix acid and water simultaneously.
(d) add water to acid in a shallow container.
3. For the growth of plants which of the following top soil is suitable the most:
A. Clay soil B. Black soil
C. Loam soil D. Sandy soil
4. Turmeric is a natural indicator. On adding its paste to acid and base separately, which colours would be observed.
(a) Yellow in both acid and base.
(b) Yellow in acid and red in base.
(c) Pink in acid and yellow in base.
(d) Red in acid and blue in base.
5. Vinegar contains which organic acid?
A. Vanillic acid B. Lactic acid
C. Oxalic acid D. Acetic acid
6. When the soil is too basic, plants do not grow well in it. To improve its quality what must be added to the soil?
(a) Organic matter (b) Quick lime
(c) Slaked lime (d) Calamine solution
7. X is used in the manufacture of YY which is used as a disin- fectant. What are XX and YY?
A. Ammonium hydroxide, Ammonium phosphate
B. Sodium hydroxide, Rayon
C. Calcium hydroxide, Bleaching powder
D. None of the above
8. Neutralisation reaction is a
(a) physical and reversible change.
(b) physical change that cannot be reversed.
(c) chemical and reversible change.
(d) chemical change that cannot be reversed
9. Which one of the following types of medicines is for treating indigestion ?
A. Antibiotic B. Analgesic
C. Antacid D. Antiseptic
10. On adding phenolphthalein indicator to a colourless solution, no change is observed. What is the nature of this solution?
(b) Either acidic or basic
(c) Either acidic or neutral
(d) Either basic or neutral
(Section – B)
11. State differences between acids and bases.
12. Look at Figure, which shows solutions taken in test tubes. A,B,C and D. What colour is expected when a piece of red litmus paper is dropped in each test tube? Nature of the solutions is given in the table for your help.
13. Form a sentence using the following words – baking soda, ant bite, moist, effect, neutralised, rubbing
14. Fill the blanks in the following sentences :
(a) Lemon juice and vinegar taste ___________ because they contain ___________.
(b) Turmeric and litmus are _________ acid-base indicators.
(c) Phenolphthalein gives _________ colour with lime water.
(d) When an acidic solution is mixed with a basic solution, they _________ each other forming _________ and water.
(Section – C)
15. A farmer was unhappy because of his low crop yield. He discussed the problem with an agricultural scientist and realised that the soil of his field was either too acidic or too basic. What remedy would you suggest the farmer to neutralise the soil?
16. Describe the process of neutralisation with the help of an example.
17. Paheli observed that most of the fish in the pond of her village were gradually dying. She also observed that the waste of a factory in their village is flowing into the pond which probably caused the fish to die.
(a) Explain why the fish were dying.
(b) If the factory waste is acidic in nature, how can it be neutralised?
18. Explain two neutralisation reactions related to daily life situation.