Test Paper Of Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 6 Physical And Chemical Changes
Chapter 6 Test Paper (02)
Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 6 Physical And Chemical Changes Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Chem) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 6 (Physical And Chemical Changes)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. What are the essential conditions for rusting to take place?
A. Presence of pure water.
B. Presence of oxygen.
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
C. Presence of impure water.
D. Presence of oxygen alone is enough.
2. Which of the following is a chemical change?
(a) Twinkling of stars.
(b) Cooking of vegetables.
(c) Cutting of fruits.
(d) Boiling of water.
3. Identify the chemical change in the following :
A. Freezing of water
B. Rusting of iron
C. Melting of wax
D. Glowing of a bulb
4. A chemical change may involve –
(a) change in colour only.
(b) change in temperature only.
(c) evolution of gas only.
(d) any or all of the above.
5. Which of the following is a chemical change?
A. Boiling of eggs B. Evaporation of water
C. Precipitation of snow D. Melting of wax
6. Which of the following is/are true when milk changes into curd?
(i) Its state is changed from liquid to semi solid.
(ii) It changes colour.
(iii) It changes taste.
(iv) The change cannot be reversed.
7. Which of the following is not a physical change?
A. Melting of wax B. Tearing a piece of paper
C. Cutting wood D. Digestion of food
8. Choose the correct option from below :
(a) (i) and (ii) are correct.
(b) (ii) and (iii) are correct.
(c) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct.
(d) (i) to (iv) are correct
9. Neutralization is a:
A. physical change
B. chemical change
C. sometimes physical and sometimes chemical change
D. neither physical nor chemical change
10. Iron pillar near the Qutub Minar in Delhi is famous for the following facts. Which of these facts is responsible for its long stability?
(a) It is more than 7 metres high.
(b) It weighs about 6000 kg.
(c) It was built more than 1600 years ago.
(d) It has not rusted after such a long period.
(Section – B)
11. Explain why burning of wood and cutting it into small pieces are considered as two different types of changes.
12. Explain why rusting of iron objects is faster in coastal areas than in deserts.
13. When a candle burns, both physical and chemical changes take place. Identify these changes. Give another example of a familiar process in which both the chemical and physical changes take place
14. When baking soda is mixed with lemon juice, bubbles are formed with the evolution of a gas. What type of change is it? Explain.
(Section – C)
15. Fill in the blanks in the following statements using the words given in the box.
(rusted, colourful, substance, chemical, physical, reversible, iron oxide, object)
16. Making sugar solution is a ____________ change. (b) A physical change is generally____________. (c) Grinding of wheat grain changes its size. It is a ____________ change. (d) Iron benches kept in lawns and gardens get____________. It is a _________ change because a new _________ is formed.
17. Give an example of a chemical reaction for each of the following situations:
(a) A change in colour is observed.
(b) A gas is evolved.
(c) Sound is produced
18. A student took a solution of copper sulphate in a beaker and put a clean iron nail into it and left it for about an hour.
(a) What changes do you expect?
(b) Are these changes chemical in nature?
(c) Write a word equation for the chemical change, if any.