Test Paper Of Class 7 Science physics Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones
Chapter 8 Test Paper (01)class-7-science-chapter-8-Wind-Storms-And-Cyclone-01
Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones Test Paper Set-1 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (01)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Physics) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Winds, Storms and Cyclones)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. A piece of paper is kept on the table. You have to lift it from the table by blowing high-speed air over it. In which direction will you blow the air?
B. In the upward direction.
C. In the downward direction.
D. In the upward direction below the table.
2. Which of the statements given below is correct?
(i) In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
(ii) In summer the winds flow from the land towards the ocean.
(iii) A cyclone is formed by a very high-pressure system with very high-speed winds revolving around it.
(iv) The coastline of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
3. The wind flows from.
A. High pressure to low pressure.
B. Low pressure to high pressure.
C. Low temperature to high-temperature.
D. All of the above.
4. Four schematic diagrams are shown in Figure to depict the direction of sea breeze. Which of them gives the correct direction?
Which of the following area is created over land during land breeze?
A. High pressure.
B. Low pressure.
C. Low temperature.
D. All of the above.
5. Following are precautions one must take in case a storm is accompanied by lightning.
(i) Do not take shelter under a tree.
(ii) Do not take shelter under an umbrella with a metallic end.
(iii) Do not take shelter in open garages, storage sheds, etc.
(iv) Do not take shelter in a bus in the open.
Which one of these is not correct?
(a) (i) (b) (ii)
(c) (iii) (d) (iv)
6. The freezer in the refrigerator is generally mounted on the top for proper cooling. Which of the following property of air is demonstrated by this?
A. The cold air settles down
B. The hot air rises up.
C. The low temperature causes uniform cooling.
D. None of the above
7. Which of the following place is most likely to be affected by a cyclone?
(a) Mumbai (b) Puri
(c) Goa (d) Porbandar
8. When the atmospheric pressure of the earth falls suddenly then __________.
A. there is a clear weather.
B. there may be a slow wind.
C. there may be storms and strong winds.
D. none of these.
9. In human body, the pressure exerted by the cells is ________ the atmospheric pressure.
A. equal to
B. more than
C. slightly greater than
D. greater than
10. Assertion: A hydrogen-filled balloon stops rising after it has attained a certain height in the sky. Reason: The atmospheric pressure decreases with height and becomes zero when the maximum height is attained.
A. Both Assertion and Reason are correct and Reason is the correct explanation for Assertion.
B. Both Assertion and Reason are correct but Reason is not the correct explanation for Assertion.
C. Assertion is correct but Reason is incorrect.
D. Both Assertion and Reason are incorrect.
(Section – B)
11. Fill the missing word in the blank spaces in the following statements: (a) Wind is——————air.
(b) Winds are generated due to——————heating on the earth.
(c) Near the earth’s surface __________air rises up whereas ___________ air comes down.
(d) Air moves from a region of ——— pressure to a region of——— pressure.
12. Paheli kept an empty bottle made of plastic inside a refrigerator. After few hours, when she opened the refrigerator she found the bottle had collapsed. Explain the possible reason.
13. State whether the following statements are True or False:
(i) If wind flows from land to the ocean, then it is daytime.
(ii) A very high pressure system, with very high speed wind surrounding it forms a cyclone.
(iii) The coast line of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
(iv) Warm air is lighter than cool air
14. Suggest some precautions to be taken to prevent the roof of a tin sheet from flying away during a fierce wind storm.
(Section – C)
15. The picture in Figure 8.4 shows tree line along the sea coast on an island near the equator. As shown, the tree tops are permanently bent in one direction. Are the trees bent towards the sea or away from it? Explain.
16. What planning is required in advance to deal with the situation created by a cyclone?
17. Why is it advisable not to shut all the doors and windows during a storm?
18. A flat in Mumbai with a balcony facing the sea has some clothes hung on a clothes line in the balcony. Towards which direction the clothes will be blown in the afternoon? Explain.