Test Paper Of Class 7 Science physics Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones
Chapter 8 Test Paper (02)class-7-science-chapter-8-Wind-Storms-And-Cyclone-02
Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (physics) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Winds, Storms and Cyclones)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. Which of the following place is most likely to be affected by a cyclone?
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
A. Mumbai B. Puri
C. Goa D. Porbandar
2. A fire alarm usually detects smoke in case of fire. Where should such an alarm be placed in a room?
(a) Near the door.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On any wall.
(d) On the ceiling.
3. Which of the following area is created over land during land breeze?
A. High pressure
B. Low pressure
C. Low temperature
D. All of the above
4. A curtain is hanging at the entrance of a room. A long corridor runs at right angles to the door, that is parallel to the curtain. If a strong wind blows along the corridor, the curtain will.
(a) get pushed inside the room.
(b) get pushed outside the room.
(c) get collected towards one end/swirled.
(d) remain unaffected.
5. Which one of the following place is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone.
(ii) Mangaluru (Mangalore)
6. The sea breeze is caused due to the low pressure generated over.
A. Land B. Sea
C. Air D. Both A and B
7. Which of the following principle shows that if you increase air speed its pressure will decrease?
A. Darwin principle
B. Einstein principle
C. Bohr principle
D. Bernoullis principle
8. Assertion And Reason
Assertion: A hydrogen-filled balloon stops rising after it has attained a certain height in the sky.
Reason: The atmospheric pressure decreases with height and becomes zero when the maximum height is attained.
A. Both Assertion and Reason are correct and Reason is the correct explanation for Assertion
B. Both Assertion and Reason are correct but Reason is not the correct explanation for Assertion
C. Assertion is correct but Reason is incorrect
D. Both Assertion and Reason are incorrect
9. The freezer in the refrigerator is generally mounted on the top for proper cooling. Which of the following property of air is demonstrated by this?
A. The cold air settles down
B. The hot air rises up.
C. The low temperature causes uniform cooling.
D. None of the above
10. The wind flows from.
A. High pressure to low pressure.
B. Low pressure to high pressure.
C. Low temperature to high-temperature.
D. All of the above.
(Section – B)
11. Which of the statements given below is correct?
(i) In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
(ii) In summer the winds flow from the land towards the ocean.
(iii) A cyclone is formed by a very high-pressure system with very high-speed winds revolving around it.
(iv) The coastline of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
12. Fill in the blanks.
(i) Air around us exerts __________ .
(ii) The moving air is called _________ .
(iii) The main cause of wind movement is uneven ___________ on the earth.
(iv) High speed wind can cause cyclone in regions of ___________ pressure.
13. Paheli kept an empty bottle made of plastic inside a refrigerator. After few hours, when she opened the refrigerator she found the bottle had collapsed. Explain the possible reason.
14. Match Column I with Column II. There can be more than one match.
(Section – C)
15. Describe an activity to demonstrate that warm air is lighter than cool air.
16. How will you help your neighbours in case cyclone approaches your village/town?
17. Why is Chandigarh unlikely to be affected by a cyclone?
18. To expel hot air out of the kitchen, ‘A’ has an exhaust fan fitted on the window of her kitchen and ‘B’ has a similar exhaust fan fitted on the wall near the ceiling of her kitchen. Which of the exhaust fan will expel the hot air more effectively? Explain why?