Test Paper Of Class 7 Science Chemistry Chapter 9 Soil
Chapter 9 Test Paper (02)class-7-science-chapter-9-soil-02
Class 7 Science Physics Chapter 9 light Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (02)
CLASS: 7 MAX.MARKS :30
SUBJECT: SCIENCE (Chemistry) TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 9 (Soil)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 18 questions divided into three Sections:- A, B, and C.
III. Section A has 10 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions of 2 mark each and Section C has 4 questions of 3 mark each.
(Section – A)
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. The water holding capacity is the highest in
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
(i) sandy soil
(ii) clayey soil
(iii) loamy soil
(iv) mixture of sand and loam
2. Availability of water and minerals in the soil for maximum absorption by roots is in the –
(a) B-horizon (b) C-horizon
(c) A-horizon (d) surface of soil
3. Read the following statements with reference to soil.
(i) Weathering is a very fast process of soil formation.
(ii) Percolation of water is faster in sandy soils.
(iii) Loamy soil contains only sand and clay.
(iv) Top soil contains the maximum amount of humus.
Choose the correct statements from the above.
(a) (ii) and (iv)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (ii)
4. Removal of soil by the action of wind and water is known as
(a). Soil erosion
(b). Soil conservation
5. Sheet erosion is caused by
(c). Heavy rains
6. Soil building begins with the physical fragmentation of
(d). Parent material
7. In the soil profile, which layer is harder and more compact?
(a). Bedrock (b). Subsoil
(c). Surface soil (d). Parent rock
8. Which one of the following methods is most appropriate to check soil erosion on steep slopes?
(a). Shelter belts
(c). Terrace cultivation
(d). Multi-river project
9. The main reason for land degradation in Uttar Pradesh is __________.
(b). Excessive irrigation
(d). Dense population
10. Soil erosion can be prevented by
(b). Raising forests
(c). Adding fertilizers
(Section – B)
11. How can a farmer convert acidic soil to neutral soil?
12. A man digging a pit found that he could dig with ease initially but digging became difficult as he went deeper. He could not dig beyond a depth of 5 feet. Provide a suitable scientific explanation.
13. How is clayey soil useful for crops?
14. Sketch the cross section of soil and label the various layers.
(Section – C)
15. What is soil erosion? How it occurs?
16. Why is soil erosion relatively less in dense forests as compared to barren, open fields?
17. In towns and cities, generally, the bore wells have to be dug very deep to get water as compared to bore wells dug in villages. Give suitable reasons.
18. Match the animals in Column I with their natural place of dwelling (habitat) in Column II.