Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 1 Rational Number
Chapter 1 Test Paper (03)
Class 7 Maths Chapter 1 Rational Number Test Paper Set-3 Text Form:-
SAMPLE PAPER (03)
CLASS: 8 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 1 (Rational Numbers)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Section – A
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. A number which can be expressed as p/q where p and q are integers and q ≠ 0 is
(a) natural number. (b) whole number.
(c) integer. (d) rational number
2. -3/8 + 1/7 = 1/7 + (-3)/8is an example to show that
(a) addition of rational numbers is commutative.
(b) rational numbers are closed under addition.
(c) addition of rational number is associative.
(d) rational numbers are distributive under addition.
3. If x + 0 = 0 + x = x, which is rational number, then 0 is called
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
(a) identity for addition of rational numbers.
(b) additive inverse of x.
(c) multiplicative inverse of x.
(d) reciprocal of x.
4. If x be any rational number then x + 0 is equal to
(a) x (b) 0 (c) – x (d) Not defined
5. The reciprocal of -38 x (-7)/13 is
(a) 104/21 (b) -104/21 (c) 21/104 (d) -21/104
Section – B
6. lies two numbers between -5 and -4.
7. A train travels 1445/2 km in 17/2 hours. Find the speed of the train in km/h.
8. Roller Coaster at an amusement park is 2/3 m high. If a new roller coaster is built that is 3/5 times the height of the existing coaster, what will be the height of the new roller coaster?
Section – C
10. Represent2/11, -5/11, -9/11 on the number line.
(i) The rational number that does not have a reciprocal.
(ii) The rational numbers that are equal to their reciprocals.
(iii) The rational number that is equal to its negative.
12. Find using distributivity. Find using distributivity.
Section – D
13. The table shows the portion of some common materials that are recycled.
(a) Is the rational number expressing the amount of paper recycled more than 1/2 or less than 1/2 ?
(b) Which items have a recycled amount less than 1 2 ?
(c) Is the quantity of aluminium cans recycled more (or less) than half of the quantity of aluminium cans?
(d) Arrange the rate of recycling the materials from the greatest to the smallest.