Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 linear equations in one variable
Chapter 2 Test Paper (02)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 linear equations in one variable Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet)
SAMPLE PAPER (03)
CLASS: 8 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 2 (Linear Equations in One Variable)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Section – A
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. The solution of which of the following equations is neither a fraction nor an integer.
(a) 3x + 2 = 5x + 2 (b) 4x – 18 = 2
(c) 4x + 7 = x + 2 (d) 5x – 8 = x + 4
2. If a and b are positive integers, then the solution of the equation ax = b has to be always.
(a) positive (b) negative
(c) one (d) zero
3. Power of variable in a simple equation.
(a) Three (b) Two
(c) One (d) None of these
4. Power of a variable in a linear equation is _______ .
(a) 0 (b) One (c) Two (d) Three
5. The digit in the tens place of a two digit number is 3 more than the digit in the units place. Let the digit at units place be b. Then the number is.
(a)11b + 30 (b) 10b + 30
(c) 11b + 3 (d) 10b + 3
Section – B
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) In a 2 digit number, the units place digit is x. If the sum of digits be 9, then the number is (10x – 9).
(b) Sum of the ages of Anju and her mother is 65 years. If Anju’s present
age is y years then her mother’s age before 5 years is (60 – y) years.
7. (a) Two numbers are in the ratio 5:3. If they differ by 18, what are the numbers?
(b) Three consecutive integers add up to 51. What are these integers?
8. fill in the blanks to make each statement true.
(a) Any value of the variable which makes both sides of an equation
equal is known as a _________ of the equation.
(b) 9x – _________ = –21 has the solution (–2)
9. Solve the following equations.
(a) 14y – 8 = 13
(b) 17 + 6p = 9
Section – C
10. Solve the following:
(a) 3(5z – 7) – 2(9z – 11) = 4(8z – 13) – 17
(b) 0.25(4f – 3) = 0.05(10f – 9)
11. Solve the following equations and check your results.
(a) 5x + 9 = 5 + 3x (b) 4z + 3 = 6 + 2z
12. (a) I have a total of Rs. 300 in coins of denomination ₹ 1, ₹ 2 and ₹ 5 The number of 2 ₹ coins is 3 times the number of 5 ₹ coins. The total number of coins is 160. How many coins of each denomination are with me?
(b) There is a narrow rectangular plot, reserved for a school, in Rampur village. The length and breadth of the plot are in the ratio 11:4. At the rate ₹ 100 per metre it will cost the village panchayat ₹ 75000 to fence the plot. What are the dimensions of the plot?
Section – D
13. Solve the following:
14. (a) The denominator of a rational number is greater than its numerator by 8. If the numerator is increased by 17 and the denominator is decreased by 1, the number obtained is 3/2 . Find the rational number.
(b) Kusum buys some chocolates at the rate of Rs. 10 per chocolate. She also buys an equal number of candies at the rate of Rs. 5 per candy. She makes a 20% profit on chocolates and 8% profit on candies. At the end of the day, all chocolates and candies are sold out and her profit is Rs. 240. Find the number of chocolates purchased.