Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 linear equations in one variable
Chapter 2 Test Paper (04)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 2 linear equations in one variable Test Paper Set-4 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet)
SAMPLE PAPER (04)
CLASS: 8 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 2 (Linear Equations in One Variable)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Section – A
In Questions 1 to 10, there are four options, out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1.The shifting of a number from one side of an equation to other is
(a) Transposition (b) Distributivity
(c) Commutativity (d) Associativity
2. Equation for the statement:
thrice the length of a room is 340 metres.
(a) 3l = 430 (b) 3l = 340
(c) 3+l = 340 (d) None of these
3. Which of the following is a linear expression:
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
(a) x2 + 1 (b) y + y2 (c) 4 (d) 1 + z
4. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 7 is 357. Find the smallest multiple.
(a) 112 (b) 126
(c) 119 (d) 116
5. What is a linear equation is one variable?
(a) An equation containing one variable raised to the power 11.
(b) An equation in which all variables are of power 11.
(c) An expression containing one variable.
(d) None of these.
Section – B
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) The number of boys and girls in a class are in the ratio 5:4. If the
number of boys is 9 more than the number of girls, then number of
boys is 9.
(b) Ram and Mohan are together 90 years old. Five years ago Ram was thrice as old as Mohan was. Hence, the ages of A and B five years back would be (x – 5) years and (85 – x) years respectively.
7.fill in the blanks to make each statement true.
(a) A term of an equation can be transposed to the other side by changing its _________.
(b)On subtracting 8 from x, the result is 2. The value of x is _________.
8. Solve the following equations. 4. 4z + 3 = 6 + 2z 5. 2x – 1 = 14 – x
9. The ages of Rahul and Haroon are in the ratio 5:7. Four years later the sum of their ages will be 56 years. What are their present ages? 10. The number of boys and girls in a class are in the ratio 7:5. The number of boys is 8 more than the number of girls. What is the total class strength?
Section – C
10.Solve the following:
(a)8x – 7 – 3x = 6x – 2x – 3
(b)10x – 5 – 7x = 5x + 15 – 8
11. Baichung’s father is 26 years younger than Baichung’s grandfather and 29 years older than Baichung. The sum of the ages of all the three is 135 years. What is the age of each one of them?
12. One of the two digits of a two digit number is three times the other digit. If you interchange the digits of this two-digit number and add the resulting number to the original number, you get 88. What is the original number?
Section – D
13. Sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 11. The given number is
less than the number obtained by interchanging the digits by 9.
Find the number.
14. Distance between two places A and B is 210 km. Two cars start
simultaneously from A and B in opposite direction and distance
between them after 3 hours is 54 km. If speed of one car is less than
that of other by 8 km/hr, find the speed of each.