Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities set 1 pdf download
Chapter 8 Test Paper (01)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities Test Paper Set-1 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet with answers)
SAMPLE PAPER (1)
CLASS: 6 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Comparing Quantities)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Questions 1 to 5, there are four options out of which one is correct.
Write the correct answer.
1. A shirt with marked price Rs 800 was sold at Rs 680. The rate of discount allowed on the shirt is
(a) 10% (b) 15%
(c) 20% (d) 25%
2. If 90% of x is 315 km, then the value of x is
(a) 325 km (b) 350 km
(c) 350 m (d) 325 m
3. Ashima took a loan of Rs 1,00,000 at 12% p.a. compounded half- yearly. She paid Rs 1,12,360. If (1.06)2 is equal to 1.1236, then the period for which she took the loan is
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
(a) 2 years (b) 1 year
(c) 6 months (d) 1 years
4. A bought a tape recorder for Rs 8,000 and sold it to B. B in turn sold it to C, each earning a profit of 20%. Which of the following is true:
(a) A and B earn the same profit.
(b) A earns more profit than B.
(c) A earns less profit than B.
(d) Cannot be decided.
5. Avinash bought an electric iron for Rs 900 and sold it at a gain of 10%. He sold another electric iron at 5% loss which was bought
Rs 1200. On the transaction he has a,
(a) Profit of Rs 75 (b) Loss of Rs 75
(c) Profit of Rs 30 (d) Loss of Rs 30
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) To calculate the growth of a bacteria if the rate of growth is known, the formula for calculation of amount in compound interest can be used.
(b) Additional expenses made after buying an article are included in the cost price and are known as Value Added Tax.
7. fill in the blanks to make the statements true.
(a) _________ is a reduction on the marked price of the article.
(b) Increase of a number from 150 to 162 is equal to increase of
_________ per cent.
8. Convert the following ratios to percentages.
(a) 3 : 4 (b) 2 : 3
9. (a) A picnic is being planned in a school for Class VII. Girls are 60% of the total number of students and are 18 in number.
(b) 72% of 25 students are interested in mathematics. How many are not interested in mathematics?
10. Find selling price (SP) if a profit of 5% is made on
(a) a cycle of Rs. 700 with Rs. 50 as overhead charges.
(b) a lawn mower bought at Rs. 1150 with Rs. 50 as transportation charges.
(c) a fan bought for Rs. 560 and expenses of Rs. 40 made on its repairs
11. Calculate the amount and compound interest on
(a) Rs. 10,800 for 3 years at 12
1/2 % per annum compounded annually.
(b) Rs. 18,000 for 2 years at 10% per annum compounded annually.
(c) Rs 62,500 for 1 years at 8% per annum compounded half yearly.
12. (a) In a factory, women are 35% of all the workers, the rest of the workers being men. The number of men exceeds that of women by 252. Find the total number of workers in the factory.
(b) A man got a 10% increase in his salary. If his new salary is Rs. 1,54,000, find his original salary.
(c) 72% of 25 students are interested in mathematics. How many are not interested in mathematics?
13. (a) A table marked at Rs. 15,000 is available for Rs. 14,400. Find the discount given and the discount per cent. Waheeda bought an air cooler for Rs. 3300 including a tax of 10%. Find the price of the air cooler before VAT was added.
(b) Kamala borrowed Rs 26,400 from a Bank to buy a scooter at a rate of 15% p.a. compounded yearly. What amount will she pay at the end of 2 years and 4 months to clear the loan?
14. (a) Brinda purchased 18 coats at the rate of Rs 1,500 each and sold them at a profit of 6%. If customer is to pay sales tax at the rate of 4%, how much will one coat cost to the customer and what will be the total profit earned by Brinda after selling all coats?
(b) Rahim borrowed Rs 10,24,000 from a bank for one year. If the bank charges interest of 5% per annum, compounded half-yearly, what amount will he have to pay after the given time period. Also, find the interest paid by him.
Class 8 Maths Chapter-wise Test Paper