Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities set 2 pdf download
Chapter 8 Test Paper (02)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities Test Paper Set-2 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet with answers)
SAMPLE PAPER (2)
CLASS: 8 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Comparing Quantities)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Questions 1 to 5, there are four options out of which one is correct.
Write the correct answer.
1. If marked price of an article is Rs 1,200 and the discount is 12% then the selling price of the article is
(a) Rs 1,056 (b) Rs 1,344
(c) Rs 1,212 (d) Rs 1,188
2. If 7/3 % of a number is 42, then the number is
(a) 9800 (b) 8
(c) 1800 (d) 180
3. For calculation of interest compounded half yearly, keeping the
principal same, which one of the following is true.
(a) Double the given annual rate and half the given number of years.
(b) Double the given annual rate as well as the given number of
(c) Half the given annual rate as well as the given number of years.
(d) Half the given annual rate and double the given number of years.
4. Latika bought a teapot for Rs 120 and a set of cups for Rs 400. She sold teapot at a profit of 5% and cups at a loss of 5%. The amount received by her is
(a) Rs 494 (b) Rs 546
(c) Rs 506 (d) Rs 534
5. A TV set was bought for Rs 26,250 including 5% VAT. The original price of the TV set is,
(a) Rs 27,562.50 (b) Rs 25,000
(c) Rs 24,937.50 (d) Rs 26,245
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) Discount is a reduction given on cost price of an article.
(b) Compound interest is the interest calculated on the previous year’s amount.
7. fill in the blanks to make the statements true.
(a) _________ is charged on the sale of an item by the government and is added to the bill amount.
(b) Amount when interest is compounded annually is given by the
8. Find the S.P. if
(a) M.P. = Rs 5450 and discount = 5%
(b) M.P. = Rs 1300 and discount = 1.5%
9. (a) A football team won 10 matches out of the total number of matches they played. If their win percentage was 40, then how many matches did they play in all?
(b) The list price of a frock is Rs. 220. A discount of 20% is announced on sales. What is the amount of discount on it and its sale price.
10. (a) Meenu bought two fans for Rs. 1200 each. She sold one at a loss of 5% and the other at a profit of 10%. Find the selling price of each. Also find out the total profit or loss.
(b) The cost of a pair of roller skates at a shop was Rs. 450. The sales tax charged was 5%. Find the bill amount.
11. Given the principal = Rs 40,000, rate of interest = 8% p.a. compounded annually. Find
(a) Interest if period is one year.
(b) Principal for 2nd year.
(c) Interest for 2nd year.
12. (a) Salim bought an article for Rs. 784 which included GST of 12% . What is the price of the article before GST was added?
(b) The marked price of an article is Rs 500. The shopkeeper gives a discount of 5% and still makes a profit of 25%. Find the cost price of the article.
13. (a) A football team won 10 matches out of the total number of matches they played. If their win percentage was 40, then how many matches did they play in all?
(b) On Sunday 845 people went to the Zoo. On Monday only 169 people went. What is the per cent decrease in the people visiting the Zoo on Monday?
14. The marked price of an article is Rs 500. The shopkeeper gives a discount of 5% and still makes a profit of 25%. Find the cost price of the article.
(b) Fabina borrows Rs. 12,500 at 12% per annum for 3 years at simple interest and Radha borrows the same amount for the same time period at 10% per annum, compounded annually. Who pays more interest and by how much?