Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities set 3 pdf download
Chapter 8 Test Paper (03)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities Test Paper Set-3 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet with answers)
SAMPLE PAPER (3)
CLASS: 8 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Comparing Quantities)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Questions 1 to 5, there are four options out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. The compound interest on Rs 50,000 at 4% per annum for 2 years compounded annually is
(a) Rs 4,000 (b) Rs 4,080
(c) Rs 4,280 (d) Rs 4,050
2. If the cost price of 10 shirts is equal to the selling price of 8 shirts, then which of the following is true for the transaction?
(a) Profit of 25% (b) Loss of 25%
(c) Profit of 20% (d) Loss of 20%
3. Shyama purchases a scooter costing Rs 36,450 and the rate of sales tax is 9%, then the total amount paid by her is
(a) Rs 36,490.50 (b) Rs 39,730.50
(c) Rs 36,454.50 (d) Rs 33,169.50
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
4. A jacket was sold for Rs 1,120 after allowing a discount of 20%. The marked price of the jacket is
(a) Rs 1440 (b) Rs 1400
(c) Rs 960 (d) Rs 866.66
5. 40% of [100 – 20% of 300] is equal to
(a) 20 (b) 16
(c) 140 (d) 64
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) Three times a number is 200% increase in the number, then one-third of the same number is 200% decrease in the number.
(b) Simple interest on a given amount is always less than or equal to the compound interest on the same amount for the same time period and at the same rate of interest per annum.
7. fill in the blanks to make the statements true.
(a) Sales tax = tax % of _________.
(b) The time period after which the interest is added each time to form a new principal is called the _________.
8. Find the M.P. if
(a) S.P. = Rs 495 and discount = 1%
(b) S.P. = Rs 9,250 and discount = 7 %
9. (a) If Chameli had Rs. 600 left after spending 75% of her money, how much did she have in the beginning?
(b) A table marked at Rs. 15,000 is available for Rs. 14,400. Find the discount given and the discount per cent.
10. Find the ratio of the following.
(a) Speed of a cycle 15 km per hour to the speed of scooter 30 km per hour.
(b) 5 m to 10 km
(c) 50 paise to Rs. 5
11. If principal = Rs 1,00,000. rate of interest = 10% compounded half yearly. Find
(i) Interest for 6 months.
(ii) Amount after 6 months.
(iii) Interest for next 6 months.
12. (a) A shopkeeper buys 80 articles for Rs. 2,400 and sells them for a profit of 16%. Find the selling price of one article.
(b) I borrowed Rs. 12,000 from Jamshed at 6% per annum simple interest for 2 years.
(c) Had I borrowed this sum at 6% per annum compound interest, what extra amount would I have to pay?
13. (a) The population of a town was decreasing every year due to migration, poverty and unemployment. The present population of the town is 6,31,680. Last year the migration was 4% and the year before last, it was 6%. What was the population two years ago?
(b) A shopkeeper bought two TV sets at Rs 10,000 each. He sold one at a profit 10% and the other at a loss of 10%. Find whether he made an overall profit or loss.
14. A new computer costs Rs 1,00,000. The depreciation of computers is very high as new models with better technological advantages are coming into the market. The depreciation is as high as 50% every year. How much will the cost of computer be after two years?
(b) 88. Ayesha announced a festival discount of 25% on all the items in her mobile phone shop. Ramandeep bought a mobile phone for himself. He got a discount of Rs 1,960. What was the marked price of the mobile phone?