Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Test Paper Set-4 Pdf Download CBSE
Test Paper Of Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities set 4 pdf download
Also Visit Our Youtube Channel PGRMS or Click Here
Chapter 8 Test Paper (04)
Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities Test Paper Set-4 Text Form:-
PGRMS Education (Worksheet with answers)
SAMPLE PAPER (4)
CLASS: 6 MAX. MARKS :30
SUBJECT: MATHEMATICS TIME: 1:30 HOUR
CH: 8 (Comparing Quantities)
I. All questions are compulsory.
II. This question paper contains 14 questions divided into four Sections A, B, C and D.
III. Section A has 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B has 4 questions 2 marks each. Section C has 3 questions of 3 marks each. and Section D has 2 questions of 4 marks each.
IV. Use of Calculators is not permitted.
Questions 1 to 5, there are four options out of which one is correct. Write the correct answer.
1. To gain 25% after allowing a discount of 10%, the shopkeeper must mark the price of the article which costs him Rs 360 as
(a) Rs 500 (b) Rs 450
(c) Rs 460 (d) Rs 486
2. Rs 1600 lent at a compound interest of 5% per annum, compounded half yearly for one year will amount to:
(a) Rs 1640 (b) Rs 1680
(c) Rs 1681 (d) Rs 1764
3. The marked price of an article is Rs 80 and it is sold at Rs 76, then the discount rate is
(a) 5% (b) 95%
(c) 10% (d) appx. 11%
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
4. The original price of a washing machine which was bought for Rs 13,500 inclusive of 8% VAT is
(a) Rs 12,420 (b) Rs 14,580
(c) Rs 12,500 (d) Rs 13,492
5. Radhika bought a car for Rs 2,50,000. Next year its price decreased by 10% and further next year it decreased by 12%. In the two years overall decrease per cent in the price of the car is
(a) 3.2% (b) 22%
(c) 20.8% (d) 8%
6. state whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(a) The cost of a book marked at Rs 190 after paying a sales tax of 2% is Rs 192.
(b) Number of students appearing for class X CBSE examination
increases from 91,422 in 1999–2000 to 11,6054 in 2008–09. Increase in the number of students appeared is approximately 27%.
7. fill in the blanks to make the statements true.
(a) _________ expenses are the additional expenses incurred by a buyer for an item over and above its cost of purchase.
(b) The discount on an item for sale is calculated on the _________.
8. Find discount in per cent when
(a) M.P. = Rs 625 and S.P. = Rs 562.50
(b) M.P. = Rs 900 and S.P. = Rs 873
9. (a) The price of a scooter was Rs. 34,000 last year. It has increased by 20% this year. What is the price now?
(b) An almirah is sold at Rs. 5,225 after allowing a discount of 5%. Find its marked price.
10. A shop gives 20% discount. What would the sale price of each of these be?
(a) A dress marked at Rs. 120
(b) A pair of shoes marked at Rs. 750
(c) A bag marked at Rs. 250
11. If the price of petrol, diesel and LPG is slashed as follows:
Fuel Old prices New price Decrease %
litre (in Rs) litre (in Rs)
Petrol 1L 45.62 40.62 _______
Diesel 1l 32.86 30.86 _______
LPG14.2kg 304.70 279.70 _______
Complete the above table.
12. (a) An almirah is sold at Rs. 5,225 after allowing a discount of 5%. Find its marked price.
(b) The price of a TV is Rs. 13,000. The sales tax charged on
it is at the rate of 12%. Find the amount that Vinod will have to pay if he buys it.
13. (a) If 60% people in a city like cricket, 30% like football and the remaining like other games, then what per cent of the people like other games? If the total number of people is 50 lakh, find the exact number who like each type of game.
(b) Find the amount and the compound interest on Rs. 10,000 for1
years at 10% per annum, compounded half yearly. Would this interest be more than the interest he would get if it was compounded annually?
14. (a) Find the amount and the compound interest on Rs. 10,000 for1 years at 10% per annum, compounded half yearly. Would this interest be more than the interest he would get if it was compounded annually?
(b) The population of a town was decreasing every year due to migration, poverty and unemployment. The present population of the town is 6,31,680. Last year the migration was 4% and the year before last, it was 6%. What was the population two years ago?