Test Paper Of Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Chemistry Synthetic Fibres and Plastic
Chapter 3 Test Paper (01)
Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastic Test Paper Set-1 Text Form:-
Class 8 Science (Worksheet)
Chapter-3 (Synthetic Fibres and Plastic)
A. Tick the Correct Options: (MCQ Question)
1. The fibre developed in New York & London simultaneously is:
2. Handles of most pans are made up of:
- thermosetting plastic
3. Which of the following is biodegradable substance?
- Cotton Cloth
- Thermosetting plastics
- PVC Pipes
4. is stronger than steel wire.
- Cotton fibre
- Silk thread
- Plastic thread
- Nylon fibre
5. which of the following will be suitable for coating dress material of fire – men
B. Fill in the Blanks
- Plastics are __________ conductors of heat and electricity.
- Rayon, Nylon are some examples of __________ fibres.
- The materials or wastes which cannot be broken by the bacteria and cause harm to the environment are called __________ materials.
- __________ is used to make pants, shirts, suits etc.
- __________ is a material that can be moulded into different shapes on heating.
C. Subjective Questions (Short Answers type Questions)
- What are natural fibres? Explain with example.
- Is it advisable to use recycled plastic containers for storing food?
- What are the thermosetting polymers?
- What thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers ?
- Why accumulation of plastic is considered a serious problem ?
- Mark the correct answer.
- Rayon is different from synthetic fibres because:
- It has a silk like appearance.
- It is obtained from wood pulp.
- Its fibres can also be woven like those of natural fibres.
- Write a short note on biopolymers and biodegradable polymers
- What is nylon used for?
- What are plastics? Write the names of polymers of main plastics.
- What does the term non-biodegradable mean?
- “Use of plastic becomes the reason for deforestation but at the same time, it is also become the reason to bring down deforestation”
- Substantiate this statement.
- Can pickles be stored in plastic containers? Give reason for your answer.
D. Long Answer Types Question:-
- Distinguish between Thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics.
- Give the two differences between thermoplastics and thermosetting plastic.
- What are bended fiber? Give any two examples.
- What are natural fibres? Explain with examples.
- Why it is not advise to burn plastic and synthetic fibres ?
Class 8 Science Chapter-wise Test Paper:-