Test Paper Of Class 8 Science Chapter 4 chemistry Materials: (metal and non metal) pdf
Chapter 4 Test Paper (01)
Metal and Non metals Test Paper Set-1 Text Form with answers:-
Class 8 Science (Worksheet)
Chapter-4 (Materials Metals and Non-Metals)
A. Tick the Correct option: (MCQ Questions)
1. Which metal reacts with hot water to give hydrogen?
2. What is the product formed when zinc reacts with strong NaOH?
- Zinc oxide
- Zinc hydroxide
- Sodium zincate
- None of above
3. Which of the following is a property of non-metals?
- Low densities
- Low melting points
- Poor conductor of electricity
- All of the above
4. Which metal has a greater tendency to form metal oxide?
5. The correct order for reactivity of metals is :
- K > Na > Ca > Au
- K > Ca > Na > Mg
- Fe > Na > Mg > Au
- Cu > Fe > Mg > Na
B. Fill in the Blanks:
- Rust is an oxide of ____________ .
- An alloy of lead and tin is called ____________ .
- ____________ is a non-metal which is placed in the reactivity series of metals.
- ____________ is the hardest substance known.
- Non-metals are neither malleable nor ductile but they are ____________ .
C. State whether true or false:
- Gold reacts with base to produce salt and hydrogen.
- Sulphur is used in vulcanisation of rubbers.
- When NaOH reacts with zinc it releases water.
- Sulphur extracted from natural sources is called roll sulphur.
- Non-metals don’t usually react with water but non-metal oxides do.
D. Subjective questions:-
1. In metal halides in higher oxidation state of the metal is more covalent than the one in lowest oxidation state (PbCl is more covalent than PbCl2)
2. Which non-metal has very high melting and boiling points ?
3. State two conditions necessary for rusting of iron.
4. What is the difference between physical state of metals and non-metals at room temperature?
5. Why are electric wires made of copper or aluminium ?
6. Metal ‘X’ dipped in a salt solution of Y, displaces ‘Y’ from the solution. Which is more reactive X or Y ?
7. Name a non-metal which is used in making electrodes in dry cells.
8. Explain the following statement : Sodium chloride pieces are harder than sodium metal.
9. Give an example of activity to show that metals burn in air to form base.
10. Give reason:
Metals forms positive ions.
E. Long answer type questions:
1. Some properties are listed in the Table. Distinguish between metals and non-metals on the basis of their properties.
Properties Metals Non-metals
- Heat Conduction
- Conduction of Electricity
2. Name :
- The non-metal which is lustrous.
- The non-metal which is liquid.
- Non-metal which is conductor of electricity.
- Name one of the non-metal which is hardest natural substance till known.
3. Saloni took a piece of burning charcoal and collected the gas evolved in a test tube.
- Help her to find the nature of the gas evolved in the following process?
- Write down the word equation of all the reactions involved in this process.
4. Write down the chemical process which is used for obtaining a metal from its oxide?
5. Explain Is wood a good conductor of electricity?