Metal and non metal Class 8 Science Test Paper with answers pdf
Test Paper Of Class 8 Science Chapter 4 chemistry Materials: (metal and non metal) pdf
Also Visit Our Youtube Channel PGRMS or Click Here
Chapter 4 Test Paper (01)
Metal and Non metals Test Paper Set-1 Text Form with answers:-
Class 8 Science (Worksheet)
Chapter-4 (Materials Metals and Non-Metals)
A. Tick the Correct option: (MCQ Questions)
1. Which metal reacts with hot water to give hydrogen?
2. What is the product formed when zinc reacts with strong NaOH?
- Zinc oxide
- Zinc hydroxide
- Sodium zincate
- None of above
3. Which of the following is a property of non-metals?
- Low densities
- Low melting points
- Poor conductor of electricity
- All of the above
4. Which metal has a greater tendency to form metal oxide?
5. The correct order for reactivity of metals is :
- K > Na > Ca > Au
- K > Ca > Na > Mg
- Fe > Na > Mg > Au
- Cu > Fe > Mg > Na
B. Fill in the Blanks:
- Rust is an oxide of ____________ .
- An alloy of lead and tin is called ____________ .
- ____________ is a non-metal which is placed in the reactivity series of metals.
- ____________ is the hardest substance known.
- Non-metals are neither malleable nor ductile but they are ____________ .
C. State whether true or false:
- Gold reacts with base to produce salt and hydrogen.
- Sulphur is used in vulcanisation of rubbers.
- When NaOH reacts with zinc it releases water.
- Sulphur extracted from natural sources is called roll sulphur.
- Non-metals don’t usually react with water but non-metal oxides do.
D. Subjective questions:-
Test Paper Of Class 8th
Test Paper Of Class 7th
Test Paper Of Class 6th
1. In metal halides in higher oxidation state of the metal is more covalent than the one in lowest oxidation state (PbCl is more covalent than PbCl2)
2. Which non-metal has very high melting and boiling points ?
3. State two conditions necessary for rusting of iron.
4. What is the difference between physical state of metals and non-metals at room temperature?
5. Why are electric wires made of copper or aluminium ?
6. Metal ‘X’ dipped in a salt solution of Y, displaces ‘Y’ from the solution. Which is more reactive X or Y ?
7. Name a non-metal which is used in making electrodes in dry cells.
8. Explain the following statement : Sodium chloride pieces are harder than sodium metal.
9. Give an example of activity to show that metals burn in air to form base.
10. Give reason:
Metals forms positive ions.
E. Long answer type questions:
1. Some properties are listed in the Table. Distinguish between metals and non-metals on the basis of their properties.
Properties Metals Non-metals
- Heat Conduction
- Conduction of Electricity
2. Name :
- The non-metal which is lustrous.
- The non-metal which is liquid.
- Non-metal which is conductor of electricity.
- Name one of the non-metal which is hardest natural substance till known.
3. Saloni took a piece of burning charcoal and collected the gas evolved in a test tube.
- Help her to find the nature of the gas evolved in the following process?
- Write down the word equation of all the reactions involved in this process.
4. Write down the chemical process which is used for obtaining a metal from its oxide?
5. Explain Is wood a good conductor of electricity?